Decided to have a change of seating in my lounge, have had an Ikea Nikkala 3 seater sofa for a few years and it is only me who sits/lies on it and so have decided to get rid of it and put a couple of chairs instead. Searched the net for some ideas and didn't see anything I fancied. I posted on a local Face Book group that I was looking for a couple of armchairs and I found one. As you can see it was desperate for a new cover.
I can't tell you a lie I screamed like a banshee when I put my hand down the side of the chair to see what gifts had been deposited over the years, I felt something soft and squishy and pulled out the rubber spider, of course I launched it across the room (wouldn't you?) I also found 20cents and a few empty sweet papers.
I found this lovely Jacquard patchwork fabric locally and decided to have a go. I then got cracking and stripped the entire chair (took me a good 6 hours) and was able to use the original pieces as a template.
I made sure I marked all the pieces so I would know how to put it back together again. Next time I will take more pictures as I think it would help to use them as a reference. Took me another two days to finish but here it is and have to say I am more than pleased with it. Can't wait to find another old chair.
Meanwhile my fingers are enjoying not being bashed by the hammer (lost count of how many times I missed hitting the tacks) and I have filed my poor broken nails.