Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Drink your self Slim! Yeah right

I saw a post on face book the other day regarding a detox concoction of ginger, mint, lemon,and cucumber, with a line stating "Lose 1lb per hour"! find that impossible to believe but the proof is in the pudding or in this case a drink , a bold statement indeed.  I like all the ingredients so I set out and made it (recipe at the bottom of post). It's now in the fridge to chill overnight.

7.30 following morning  I decided to weigh myself (63.9 kilos)  just in case this turns out to be a miracle weight loss drink I wanted to check any progress or lack of it.  I poured myself a glass and gave it a good sniff before tasting it and have to say I loved the smell. On tasting it I was pleasantly surprised as it has a taste of ginger ale without the fizz. 


It's now 4.37 in the afternoon and I have had 4 glasses so far today, my stomach has been making the weirdest rumbling & gurgling noises the last half hour. I was a bit worried that this might act as a laxative so was slightly nervous with the rumblings. 

Day two and I have had another 4 glasses and the jug is now empty. (slight sigh of relief). Tomorrow I will weigh myself and I can almost predict what my weight will be, can't say my jeans feel any looser today. Also pleased to report that it did not act as a laxative ..  and all rumblings have now ceased.

Although I found this drink quite pleasant it's not something that I would drink every day but if you fancy giving it a go then here's how.

1.5 litres water
2tsp grated ginger
1/2 a cucumber peeled and chopped
1 lemon sliced
15 mint leaves chopped
1tsp dried mint

add all the above to the water and chill overnight, I then strained mine into a glass before drinking, did not fancy trying to drink it with all the bits in it.

ps.. weighed in at 63.9 so no change, perhaps if I didn't eat anything and only drank the liquid I may have lost a kilo or so but would have gained a blinding headache..If you do try it let me know what you thought of it

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Chrissie, If it did anything, you got a few glasses on water extra in you those days!! It does sound like it's tasty, though!

Mary Lindsay said...

Well done with your trial Chrissie & hats off to you, I've just been reading that we should be drinking 8 - 12 200g's of water every day so your experiment would have gone a long way to that. I hate ginger so will give this a miss. Well done. M xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...