Sunday, October 23, 2011

Suffolk Puffs with Lavender *****Tutorial*****


As I was in the middle of making a hairband with what I call Suffolk Puffs also known as Yo Yo's. I wondered what it would look like if I stuffed them with lavender,best way to find out it is to give it a go, and that's just what I did:) forgive me if you have done this before as I am sure this is not an original idea but thought I would pass it on all the same. I used a bronze silk but you could use almost any cute little scraps you have lying around and these are now hanging in my wardrobe and look pretty good even if I say so myself.  So if your ready, go gather your bits and bobs.

Scrap of material
needle
matching thread
scissors
beads or button
little ribbon or cord
filling

Cut out a circle 14cm (5.5") (this will give you 5cm (2") finished size) you can make them any size you want really but I think this is a good size for putting on a hanger.

 
Fold over edge as you work round the circle and using a  baste stich , try to keep the stitches roughly the same size.


Pull up and gather leaving a gap, add your filling,then pull tight and tie off and it will give  you a lovely little puff ball with lots of folds. Then just add a bead or button and either a little cord or ribbon for hanging and your done. Very simple and makes a great little gift to yourself or friends. Would love to see yours if you make any. Here are the hairbands which started me off.

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

I taught my girl guiding group how to make these headbands a few weeks ago they loved them! But threading 15 needles and un tying knots was a bit of a nightmare. Xxxx

Krishenkas Treasures said...

The threading needles is bad enough but how come so many knots?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...