Tuesday, August 2, 2011

La Mode Illustrée 1886



Sunday and another vide grenier and to my delight, thanks to my DH as he was looking at a vintage set square, he called me over to have a look, no idea why he thought I would find it interesting! But so glad he called me over, for on the floor in a box was a journal of a full year’s worth of La Mode Illustrée which was dated 1886. The journals were sold each Sunday for 25cents and each issue featured a description of Victorian fashions and related accessories. So I will share some of the wonderful plates in this journal. I have taken a selection of hats for this one but there are many other fabulous finds in here so do come back to see some more.




















2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Oh!! I love vintage hats!! I just shared some crocheted ones I found in my stash too!...I'll definitely be back to see more! :-)

Krishenkas Treasures said...

I must go and have a look sounds better than doing a loo seat cover:) This journal is packed with so many plates it's hard to decide whcih to post but will post more soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...