Saturday, June 26, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
I have always loved wood and here in Colorado springs we are surrounded by Silver Maples, Green ash, Siberian Elms, blue Spruce and white fir. I could go on to tell you about wood from around the world that I also use but I think it would be a very long story. I try to put as much detail as I can into my descriptions when listing pens in my shop of the particular woods I use, so if you would like to learn more just pop in and have read.
Do you think the art of handwriting is dying.
I believe that younger people write less and would say that the Internet is one off the main reasons for the decline, and email is easy and fast, and and easy option for people nowadays. But I believe handwriting will never truly die as we all have and need the ability to hand write, can you think of the last time that you cherished an email? To receive a hand written letter is still and always will be a thrill for me and I hopefully for many others, and so by continuing to make my pens I hope that I can encourage people to enjoy the art of handwriting, especially if they are using one of my pens :)
Randy in action
Rules for giveaway.
1. I would love you to follow my blog, this is not compulsory to do so, but would make me smile:)
2. I would love you to visit Randy's shop and heart your favourite item from his shop.
3. Leave your name and contact details on your post.
4. Tell me when was the last time you received a hand written letter. (No Fibbing)
5. Tell me when you last wrote a hand written letter. (Even if it was to the milkman)
6. Finally, good luck and hope the winner will use it often and cherish their hand made pen. Thank you so much Randy for your generosity and helping with keeping the art of writing alive.
7. Giveaway will close on the 14th July
I found this beautiful little embroidery piece in a shop here on Etsy http://www.etsy.graceymay/ and it fits so well with this giveaway. that I just had to add it.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
DO YOU HAVE A HANDMADE ITEM THAT YOU CHERISHUnfortunately, I am the only one in my family who likes to make handmade items, so while I love them, I have very few handmade things that have been given to me~ I guess I would say my favorite is the beautiful crib quilt that my aunt made for my son when he was born. I really treasure that. He & his wife are expecting their first baby in January, so I'm planning to pass it down to them~
I also discovered that Judy is an excellent photographer and makes beautiful cards collected from her travels in the countryside in Walnut Creek CA, and she has kindly offered to giveaway a set 4 cards
from her "The Language of Flowers" edition, shown below, giveaway prize value is $13 and some lucky person will receive the set.
"The Language of Flowers"
HowYou Can Enter Upto 3 Times
Here's your chance to win a set of beautiful cards from Judy's shop, and all you have to do is go to Judy's shop, choose your favourtie item, add the link to your entry and tell me why you choose that particular item.
1. Please follow my blog to enter, and please leave a comment and a contact email address.
2. Tweet this giveaway and you will get another entry.
3. Facebook and you will gain another entry.
4. Winner will be announced and notified on the last day June. Will use the random generator to select the winner.
Thanks and good luck
To see Judy's work here is her shop: www.etsy.com/shop/rabbitwhiskers
If you would like to read a little more on smocking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/smocking
Examples of smocking stitches: www.fashion-era.com/smocking_illustrations.htm